Rturbo/P is a dialect of the S language and its relative R. It aims at high performance statistical computing and stochastic simulation and is implemented as a lightweight and portable compiler. Rturbo/P is significantly faster than R and implements easy to use extensions for parallel multi-core computing and cluster computing. The system is available for free for various architectures and operating systems such as OS X, Windows, Linux and Raspberrry Pi (ARM)
- Functions for encryption and hash generation
- Support for basic image analysis using the C++ CImg library by on-the-fly compilation and linking.
- New version 2015_03 released
- Improved file I/O and string handling
- New simple interface to run P scripts from C
- Parallel computing: parallel for, cluster computing using fork
- Communication via sockets available
- Simple and elegant OO model
- Ported to the Raspberry Pi (ARM)
- is really fast!
- compiles a basic subset of the R language for statistical computing
- provides tremendous speedups of existing code written in R and S
- is our blueprint for the next generation statistical computing using the R language
- easy to use and very similar to R
- can be embeded into other languages and apps such as R, C/C++ and JAVA.
If you know a faster way to run R programs, let us know!